Tuesday, September 07, 2004

And I thought I was ready...

I just had one of those "back-to-school-anxiety" moments. A few days ago, I had written a lesson plan outline of the activities that I wanted to do on the first day, and now I can't find it. It's not vital. I do the same thing every year. But having it outlined on paper keeps me on schedule. I cannot for the life of me remember where I put it.

Then I realized that I had no idea what I was going to wear tomorrow. I pulled a bunch of stuff out of my closet, tried on like 10 outfits, and decided I needed to iron 3 shirts. As the iron was heating up, my phone rang. It was Miss W (the new 2nd grade teacher). She was standing in front of her closet, trying to figure out what to wear. She also had questions about dresscode: Can we wear sleeveless shirts? Can we wear sandals? (I told her yes to both. Everyone else does, although I'm not really sure what the handbook says.) I'm still not sure what I'm going to wear.

Sigh. I probably won't sleep well tonight.

No comments: