Monday, September 06, 2004

no Labor, all Day

Labor Day was all about the TV marathon. I spent some time with "Seinfeld" on TBS, caught a few episodes of "Monk" on USA, flipped past "What Not to Wear" on TLC, and watched a bit of "Bewitched" (TV Land) before switching off the TV. Didn't do a whole hell of a lot, but it was a nice, relaxing last day of vacation.

Tomorrow we have a faculty in-service on Restorative Practices, which I’m told has something to do with discipline. I am so glad we’re having this in-service, because I really feel like discipline is the one area we need to improve. We need to take a more pro-active approach. We also need a plan that has clear-cut rules and consequences. And those consequences have to be carried out consistently, or else we're wasting our time. I know that it takes a lot of work to create and maintain an effective discipline policy, but once it’s in place, it will save us time and stress. So I’m looking forward to hearing what they have to say tomorrow.

And on that note, I’m off to bed. Adios, vacation!

No comments: