Wednesday, October 13, 2004

I must be getting old

Yesterday morning, I lugged all my stuff (coffee, school bag, purse, lunch bag) out to my car. I put the coffee on the roof, loaded my stuff in, and drove away. I got out of my driveway and down my street and then reached for my coffee -- only to find that it wasn't there. I pulled over and got out of the car. And there it was, still on the roof. Unbelievable.

Later that morning at school, I was adding new words to my students' word rings. (Those are 1 inch binder rings with vocabulary word cards attached -- the kids have to read the words to me during the week, and I give them a stamp each time they read it correctly. Once they get three stamps I take the word off, because they know it). One of my girls couldn't find hers anywhere, and I got really annoyed. They're supposed to have them in school every day and practice reading the words every night. So I ordered her to empty her desk and her schoolbag to look for it. While she was in the coatroom checking her bag, I found her word ring on my desk. I had taken it from her the day before because she knew all of her words. She was actually the first person finished her words. I apologized profusely to the poor girl.

Last night, I was catching up on my laundry. When my wash was finished, I put it in the dryer and put another load in the wash. About an hour later, I realized that I never heard the dryer buzz. When I went down to check, I saw that I never turned the dryer on in the first place.

I think I need a vacation :)

No comments: