Tuesday, April 19, 2005

We have a pope!

Thanks to the wonders of technology, my kids were able to see it all happen live. I'm not sure that they understood how important or historical it was, but they were impressed by the crowds at the Vatican and the mysterious other languages spoken when they announced our new pope (mostly Latin and Italian). They actually broke out in spontaneous applause when the pope first appeared on the balcony. And I'm sure that they were thrilled to be watching TV instead of writing in their journals. :)

Man, I'm tired. Tuesdays are a bitch. Full day of work followed by 3 hours of class. No one should have to go through all that in one day. But on the plus side, I only have 2 weeks of class left (and then 2 weeks off until next semester starts). AND... (drumroll, please)... I got a B+ on the paper I thought I screwed up. Go me! *raises the roof*

And on that note, it's time for bed.

No comments: