Monday, August 29, 2005

it's getting there...

Haven't posted in forever. Forgive me.

I had inservice all last week, and I went to the classroom a few days after inservice was over. This week is all classroom, but I'm hoping to be done everything by Wednesday, so I can have a few days off to relax before school officially starts (9/7).

As of today, there are 14 children registered for 1st grade. Our secretary says they're expecting 4 more (kids who have been in our school for the past 2 years). They haven't been in to pay yet, but we haven't gotten any word of them transferring, either. So now I might only have 18 this year. That is unbelievable. I can't even begin to imagine what a classroom of 18 would be like... especially after having taught 34 kids a few years ago.

My furniture is all arranged (and I'm not moving it again...), and most of my decorating is done. I have a few more posters to hang, but that's it. Then I have to clean up and label the supplies (some of which haven't arrived yet). I'm glad I got an early start. I hate the back-to-school rush that always happens the week before classes start.

Pictures of the classroom coming soon! (Maybe tomorrow, if I remember my camera.)

No comments: