Tuesday, August 01, 2006

livin' it up, summer style

I intended to blog a few more times in July, about camp and classes and such... but time got away from me, as it often does.

Anyway.

Summer camp is now over. As much as I loved spending time with the kids and coming up with fun arts 'n crafts projects about Native Americans... not to mention the paycheck... I'm kinda happy to have some free time in my week. For four weeks, my schedule was ridiculous. On Mondays and Wednesdays, I had class from 8:30-11:45 AM, then I drove from class to camp, where I worked from 12:30-4:00PM. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I worked camp from 9:30 AM-2:30PM, then went home to shower, change and eat dinner. Then I went to class from 5:30-8:30PM. Fridays I worked a full day of camp from 9:30AM-4:00PM. I felt like I was always in my car driving to or from somewhere, and I ate most of my meals on the run.

But now that camp is over, I can sleep in three days a week! I can do more than one load of laundry a day! I can go in the pool during prime sun-tanning hours! I can go shopping when the malls are relatively empty!

And I guess, at some point, I can also start thinking about my classroom. But I'm not quite ready for that yet. Soon.

I plan to blog more this month. I actually do have things to talk about. Really, I do. And now that I have the time to do it, there are no excuses. :)

No comments: