Saturday, November 18, 2006

time to dust off the ol' blog

Ohhh... I've wanted to blog for SO long. I keep jotting down notes of things I want to write about, and then I just don't have the time. Working full-time and going to grad school is quite time-consuming. Seems like every week I've had portfolios or case reports or lesson plans or journals due for my class... and in about 2 hours, I'll be at the library to meet a group of fellow students to prepare for a staff development that we're presenting in Tuesday's class.

In between classwork, I've been busy with work-work: writing lesson plans and grading tests and meeting with parents and trying to keep things organized. And most importantly, trying to keep things interesting. Some days I've felt like I was just coasting through the work-day, giving the kids busy work, because I'm so exhausted from staying up late to finish school-work. Sometimes I feel guilty... but I have to keep things in perspective. I'm teaching, they're learning. I might not be doing all the fabulous extra things that I've done in years past, but I'm hitting all the essentials, and that's good enough for now. Once class is over, I'll be able to spend some time planning more creative activities for them.

The good news: I'm done class on December 7th.
The not-so-good news: I still have several projects due before that day.

And I have a million stories about my first graders. I'll get to them... eventually.

No comments: