Monday, December 04, 2006

yay me!!!

Well, it's December already. A million things have been going on. Obviously, blogging hasn't been one of those things. :) But as of last week, I am FINISHED GRAD SCHOOL!!!!! So now I'm breathing a bit easier. No more reports, no more presentations, no more late nights trying to juggle grad school projects and lesson plans for work. It's amazing. Part of me can't believe I'm done. It kinda feels like I just started. My first class was in the spring semester of 2005... so it took me only 2 years. Would've taken longer if I hadn't pushed myself so hard. I took 3 classes each summer (one in summer I semester and two in summer II) to help get my electives out of the way. And this past spring, I doubled up and took 2 classes - total stress, but it allowed me to take my reading clinic this past fall instead of waiting until next summer, which would have pushed graduation back. And now I'M DONE!!!! YAY!!!

Anyway... I actually have two days off this week, due to a broken heater at school. It's getting fixed on Tuesday, but it was too cold to have the kids in school with no heat, so we wound up getting a long weekend. Now I have some extra time to catch up on all the things I haven't had time to do in the past 3 months. On Friday night I wrote Christmas cards, on Saturday I did some baking and loaded a ton of Christmas songs onto my mp3 player. So far today I did some laundry and checked my email... and I'm (finally!) blogging. Today and tomorrow I'm going to clean and start my Christmas shopping. Not too shabby. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you...you deserve to be proud...now send some it my way...i am planning on starting school in january...they are offering off campus classes at an area school which happens to be right around the corner from where i am now...i know i will be doing the happy dance in about 3 years :) and good for you having 2 extra days off...we have thurs and fri off...but have to go in on thurs for conferences...i guess its good...no kids!!!

Unknown said...

Many congrats - you deserve to feel very, very accomplished and you so deserve those extra days off too (Hope you don't have to make them up!)