Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Notes from the other side...

For the past 3 days, I've been on the "other side of the desk," sitting through teacher inservice workshops. I can totally sympathize with my students. I forgot how hard it is to sit for 3 hours and listen to someone else talk, even if the information is useful. I had to try to look interested, when my mind kept drifting to a million other things: lunch... my classroom to-do list... last night's "Amazing Race"... the laundry I had to do when I got home... an Elliott Smith song that I couldn't get out of my head... the fact that I didn't get to bed until midnight... Ugh.

The woman who prepared the workshops had come to my class in May to take pics of my kiddos. The pics were used in yesterday's PowerPoint presentation to demonstrate how to set up "an organized and attractive classroom." (Me, organized?) She also had pics of my lovies doing their learning centers. They all looked so well-behaved. Oh, how pictures lie :)

I'm still without a power cord. Everytime I drive past Best Buy, I want to throw something out my window at them. Instead, I have to settle for shaking my fist angrily in their general direction.

14 days until the first day of school!
(Note to self: Take some me-time before those 2 weeks run out...)

No comments: