Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I Hate Best Buy

Okay, normally I like Best Buy. But right now, they're on my shit list. My laptop crapped out on me a few weeks ago. I took it to Best Buy and they had to ship it back to HP, who kept it for 3 weeks and sent it back without a power cord. Best Buy was supposed to get it back for me, but that seems to be a task that is far too difficult for them to handle. When I went to pick up the laptop on the 12th, the tech guy (whose fingernails were longer than mine -- ew!) said someone would call HP the next morning. Sure enough, a woman from BB called me the next day to say she called HP and my power cord was on its way. "Three to five days," she said. This past Sunday (eight days later), I called BB, got transferred FIVE times, and discovered that there is only one person in the entire store who can tell me anything about my cord, and she would not be in until Tuesday. So today, I went directly to the store. Same tech guy, same nasty fingernails. He said that this woman ordered my cord on the 20th. What? She called me one week before and said it was being shipped! So now I'm still without a power cord for at least three more days. And the first thing I'm going to do when I plug in my laptop is write a very angry letter to Best Buy.

What does this have to do with teaching? Well, not much. I do have several school-related documents on my laptop, but I won't need them until school starts. But seriously. It's been over a month since I've used my laptop. That is so not necessary.

No comments: