Monday, September 27, 2004

Just a gripe.

I love my job. Don't get me wrong. But there are some things that just bug the hell out of me, and my schedule is one of them. My kids have "special" classes each day, where another teacher takes them for 45 minutes or so and I'm supposed to get a break for prep-time. My weekly schedule is as follows:
  • Monday - gym
  • Tuesday - computers
  • Wednesday - art
  • Thursday - music
  • Friday - library

My gripe is that it doesn't always happen that way. For example, our gym teacher is a volunteer, and he's here every other Monday, and only when the weather is nice. He calls himself the "outdoor gym teacher." This week is his off week, which means I had to take the kids out for gym today. The art teacher had to switch her days this week, so she's coming tomorrow instead of Wednesday. Then our librarian has something going on Friday, so she switched my class to Thursday for this week. That means I have 2 breaks on Tuesday and Thursday, but no breaks on Wednesday or Friday.

It's just annoying, is all.

No comments: