Saturday, October 30, 2004

Cinderella, without the happy ending

Ugh. I just feel like bitching and this seems like a good place to do it.

So it's Saturday, and here's how I spent my day: after breakfast, I washed the dishes (mine, plus everyone else's), cleaned the downstairs bathroom, graded spelling tests, graded reading tests, took the dog for a walk, and cleaned the upstairs bathroom. Here's how my brother spent his day: he came home from his girlfriend's house this morning, went upstairs to do whatever it is he does (probably playing guitar, using the computer and talking on the phone), came downstairs for lunch (leaving more dirty dishes), and then sanded the baseboards (so I can paint them tomorrow). Now he's using the bathroom that I just cleaned to get himself ready for a Halloween party tonight. My parents just left for a wedding. I'm staying home tonight.

I'm not so much pissed that my brother didn't do any housework. I think I'm just pissed that he has more of a social life than I do. I don't know how that happened. I used to go out every weekend.

Ah, it's a pity party, and you're all invited!

And then, to top things off, I got some bad news a few days ago. Last spring, myself and a few other teachers from my school signed up to do some after school tutoring for the kids at the public school across the street, to prepare them for their standardized tests. It'd be 2 hours a week, $60 an hour, from November until March. This past week I found out that not enough kids signed up for the tutoring, so we're not doing it.

I'm in a wedding next November that I'm already paying for, I'm starting grad classes in January, and I don't even make enough money to move out of my parents' house. This just sucks.

No comments: