Tuesday, December 28, 2004

my free time

It's 11:20 already. If this was a work day, I'd be teaching math and smelling the hot lunch from the cafeteria. My stomach would be rumbling and the kids would be staring, glassy-eyed, at the wall clock, wishing they could tell time. But it's not a work day. I just finished breakfast, and I have absolutely no idea what I want to do today.

I had a tentative to-do list for this week. Haven't done any of it yet. I already wasted yesterday by sitting on the couch, in my pj's, watching my new Friends Season 8 DVD and doing laundry. Wait, I take that back. It wasn't a waste, it was just the first day off that I've had in a looooong time (where I've had no errands, no appointments, no responsibilities).

Including today, I've got 3 days left to take care of my list, then I leave for NY for the weekend to ring in the New Year. I need to...
~ Call my friends to catch up (but most of them are working this week)
~ Finish laundry
~ Paint toenails
~ Look up train schedule for weekend trip
~ Plan cross-curricular snowman unit for January
~ Clean bedroom
~ Buy books and DVDs that I didn't get for Christmas
~ Bake cookie bars for New Year's Eve party

I guess I should get moving. Eh. Maybe in a few minutes.

No comments: