Friday, February 18, 2005

The Big Sacrifice

The big question last week was "What are you giving up for Lent?" As a Catholic, it's traditional to make a sacrifice during the Lenten season (as a reminder of the sacrifice Jesus made for us). You're supposed to give up something that you enjoy, so that you really appreciate the loss. For the past few years, I haven't actually sacrificed anything. I know people who don't set foot in a church aside from Christmas and Easter ("twice a year Catholics"), and they give up candy for Lent. Does that make them good Catholics? I go to church every week and don't make a Lenten sacrifice. Does that make me a bad Catholic?

Anywho, among my circle of friends, I have 2 giving up chocolate, 1 giving up alcohol (!!!) and 1 giving up an hour of TV a night. I've been debating whether or not to make a sacrifice this year. I can't think of anything to give up, though. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

8o8gnsurfing said...

Caffeine? I always enjoy your post. Thought I'd you to my link..thanks and happy blogging.

Dree said...

You know, it's weird... I actually thought of caffeine this morning. I haven't had any yet today, so we'll see how that goes :)

8o8gnsurfing said...

*evil grin* G'luck