Monday, February 28, 2005

Blizzard, my ass

So far, this "storm" is a huge disappointment. It started at around 10:30 AM, but it was just flurries. School closed at 12:30, but I'm not sure why. It wasn't snowing hard, and nothing was sticking to the ground. I've been home for about an hour now, and although it's still snowing, it hasn't really started to lay. The weather reports still insist that it's going to get heavy and we're going to have at least 9 inches by the end of the day. We'll see. Needless to say, I got very little done today in the way of teaching. The kids were more interested in staring out the window to check for precipitation.

I think I'm going to use my unexpected free time to read this week's chapters for my linguistics class. If I'm motivated enough, I can even start working on my next paper. (I don't think I'll be that motivated, though.)

No comments: