Friday, February 04, 2005

happy Friday!

My afternoon meeting was cancelled. The parent counselor called out today because her daughter is sick, and my principal doesn't want me to have the meeting without the counselor there.

Our school had an Eagles pep-rally today, complete with pizza, soda, chips and countless renditions of the Eagles fight song (the next time I hear it will be too soon). It was fun, though. Everyone wore their green and got all riled up for Sunday. I think the whole city is eating, sleeping and breathing the Eagles right now, from the die-hards to the band-wagon jumpers. Half of Philly's news reporters are stationed in Jacksonville. I hear Florida's weather before I hear ours. They've been finding every possible excuse to link a news story to the Eagles ("Local man find a rock that looks like Donovan McNabb - stay tuned for the exclusive story!"). It's getting a little old.

Let's hope this ends well. Lord knows our city's teams have a fine tradition of disappointing their fans when it matters the most. We'll see. As for me, I don't really like football - hockey's my thing, and I'm still pissed that I have no Flyers this year - but I agree that Philly's due for something. Maybe this is it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep Blogging!