Monday, March 28, 2005

What ever will I do with myself??

So okay, I have a whole week off from work. I know you wanna throw stuff at the computer, hoping it will hit me. I'd do the same if I were in your shoes.

Actually, it's not really a week off - it's a week without kids. The NCEA (National Catholic Educational Association) convention is being held in Philly this year, so many Catholic schools in the city have the week off to attend and volunteer at the convention. I'm doing both. It starts tomorrow and lasts until Friday, but I'm only going from Tuesday-Thursday. I went a few years ago, when it was in Atlantic City. It was a pretty good time. They have several useful workshops and sessions on a variety of topics (elementary education, secondary education, religious education, special education, etc). There are a lot of vendors and book companies who have displays and samples and freebies. And above all - it's a week without kids (I know I said that before, but it bears repeating).

I live about 20 minutes outside of Center City Philadelphia, but it'll be easier to take the train in every day instead of fighting traffic and looking/paying for parking. In preparation for the train ride, I've stocked my Palm with some kick-ass tunes. My new obsession, music-wise, is Jack Johnson. If you don't know him, you need to check him out. He's a singer/songwriter/guitar player from Hawaii and his music is real mellow and fun. I highly recommend downloading "Banana Pancakes," "Flake," and "Sitting, Waiting, Wishing." If I knew anything at all about Blogger or HTML or whatever it is that runs this thing, I would post a link to download a song o' the week. Come to think of it, I'd also post a list of the blogs I read so you could go read 'em, too. I'll have to figure out how to do all that stuff sometime soon.

But for now, I need to go fold some laundry and hit the sack.

No comments: