Sunday, April 10, 2005

Monday is looming on the horizon...

I wound up having a long weekend. The archidiocese gave us off for the Pope's funeral on Friday, so I had an extra day to get all my errands done and relax. Or so I thought.

As soon as my brother found out I had off on Friday, he said, "So you'll go get us Weezer tickets?" Hmmm... well, I wanted to see them, too, so I said, "Okay, I'll go." And because I'm a good sister, I woke up early on my day off and went to Ticketmaster. Got there at 9:50 AM, tickets went on sale at 10. I was the second person in line, and the man in front of me was also trying to get tickets for Weezer. They were sold out. It was 10:03 AM. SOLD OUT. My brother and I were pretty bummed. Later that day, I went on eBay, and I was blown away by how many people were selling tickets for that exact show. Needless to say, the price of those tickets was well above what I would have paid at Ticketmaster. How is that not scalping??

Today my brother told me that his friend got 3 tickets on eBay for $200. One for himself, one for his girlfriend, and he offered my brother the third ticket. So now he gets to go, but I don't. Unless, of course, I go on eBay and spend a shitload of money. It just plain sucks.

But, on the plus side, I got some of my to-do list accomplished this weekend. Got a haircut, washed my car, went to Eckerd for some wonder drugs, organized my scrapbook box, and did my lesson plans. On the list of things that did not get done: my language journal for grad school. It's due Tuesday. I'll get to it. Really, I will.

Why is it that when you have a ton of stuff to do, you're less motivated to do it?

1 comment:

Sara said...

Dree...i stumbled upon this facinating site...
http://postsecret.blogspot.com
check it out.

Sounds like you had a busy day off. Don't worry if it feels wasted...they never are. You spent it well. Scrapbook organizing is very important!