Monday, June 06, 2005

101 uses for a coconut...

Seriously, what will they think of next? One of my boys just came back from Colombia, and he brought me a coconut that had been carved into a monkey holding a guitar. I kid you not. I'll have to take pics tomorrow so you can appreciate just how truly special this gift is. I've named him Fernando. He makes me smile.

And on that note... when we were gathered on the rug to do our calendar and morning poem, one of my kids noticed a ball of hair on the floor. It was most likely from one of my girls... they all have a ton of hair, and most of them spend all day playing with it. It was kind of icky just laying there like that, so I said, "Okay, get a tissue and throw it away." He picked it up and held it for a minute, contemplating. Then he said, "You know, this looks like my dad's back." Well, as you can imagine, that produced quite an image in my head. I laughed on and off for the rest of our calendar time.

What a way to start the week.

(PS - Guess who wasn't in school today? C'mon, just guess!)

4 comments:

Pigs said...

Oooh! I bet I know who's not in school! ;o)
So, I just wrote a post about a coconut as well. Many, many uses those coconuts.

Anonymous said...

ur weird ur a freak

Dree said...

Hey, anonymous, if ur gonna insult me, the least you could do is take the time to spell check ur comment. Shessh.

Anonymous said...

That story is kinda funny!:P