Monday, August 15, 2005

stick 'em up

I've been giving some thought to my classroom. (Haven't even set foot in it since camp, but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead...) I was inspired by maestra's adventures with magnetic paint for her word wall. I have two chalkboards in my room, but I only use the one in the front of my room for writing. The side chalkboard is 2/3 word wall and 1/3 calendar area.

(Last year's word wall.)

I love having the word wall there, but it's a pain to scotch tape the words up every year. Magnets would be so much easier. I have several issues with using the magnetic paint, though. I'd have to check with my principal (I don't think she'd mind). It's expensive. It's time consuming. I don't want to put a lot of effort into something like this if I don't know how long I'm going to be at this school. (Not that I plan on leaving anytime soon, but you never know.) I'd love to have a classroom with magnetic whiteboards and the kind of walls that can take pushpins and staples. Ooh, and counters along the walls, with storage space in them. And curtains. Curtains would make the dusty, stained shades look SO much nicer. But I can make those, I guess. Anyway, I don't know what to do about the magnetic paint. I guess I'll ask my principal first, and then go from there. If she says yes, then great. We'll see how motivated I am. :)

No comments: