Saturday, August 13, 2005

Everything seems like a good idea at 2 AM

I went out last night to see my brother's band. After the show, a bunch of us hit a diner for some late night snacking. Somehow (not my fault, I swear), we got onto the conversation of TV theme songs from our youth. We pulled out some doozies. We started with Golden Girls, Mr. Belvedere, and Perfect Strangers. Then we moved on to cartoons like He-Man, Smurfs and Animaniacs. By the end of the night/morning, we were really starting to dig for the obscure: Sister Kate, My Two Dads, Hey Dude, Just the Ten of Us. Our waiter even got involved - every time he came back to our table, he'd say, "Hey, remember this one?" and then hum a theme song for us. We all got stuck on the theme song from Webster, so today I went searching the Internet to see if I could find it. (You can find anything on the Internet.) I wound up finding the best website for old TV theme songs and commercials. (Remember Get In Shape Girl exercise equipment? How about Pound Puppies?) It's a great way to kill an afternoon.

No comments: