Tuesday, October 25, 2005

the best medicine

Two things that made me laugh today (for very different reasons):

Thing One
Principal saw me in the hallway today and said, "Miss M, how are they doing?" (with a nod toward the 3rd grade classroom).

I shrugged. "They sound okay right now, but they were pretty noisy earlier."

"I think it's getting better, don't you?" she asked.

I looked her dead in the eye, barely stifling laughter, wondering what her idea of "better" was. "No. Not really," I said.

"I think she's getting the hang of it," Principal insisted.

Thing Two
At the end of the day, I was reapplying my lipstick (it comes off on my coffee mug all day long). As I was looking for the magnetic mirror that's usually on the side of my desk, my girls flocked around me. "Ooh, your lipstick is pretty, Miss M!"

Little Old Man nodded solemnly from his desk. "Yes, you look 10 years younger!" he said.

Can I help it if I laughed right out loud? :-)

No comments: