Saturday, March 11, 2006

mystery solved

I was flipping through the TV Guide the other day, and I noticed a blurb accompanied by a picture of a cartoon boy named Foster with a blue creature on his back. "Curious," I thought. "This thing looks like Motor Boy's imaginary friend Blue." I googled Foster and Cartoon Network, and came up with a link for a TV show called "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends." Imagine that. It's a cartoon about a boy who has several imaginary friends, despite the fact that his mother thinks he's too old for them. There was a pull down menu for characters. The first one listed? Blooregard Q. Kazoo. Bloo for short. Hmmm... turns out Motor Boy's Blue is not so imaginary after all.

The real kicker is that every one of my students watches this show, and not a single one of them ever mentioned it to me. Oh well. Live and learn.

No comments: