Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Back to School Curse

Well, it's almost the end of September already. I've only had my kids for eleven days. Eleven days doesn't sound like long at all, but apparently it was enough time to catch a cold from one of the little buggers. Not sure which one, but I'm sure they all had germs that contributed to this illness. It's of the runny nose, raw throat, coughing, sneezing, headache variety. (Basically all the symptoms covered on the NyQuil bottle.) It's not so bad that I have to call out of work, though. If I worked an office job or something like that, I would have called out. But it's just not worth the trouble of writing lesson plans for a sub. It's easier to go in and suffer quietly while trying to control a class of 22 energetic six year olds. They're cute kids, though. And smart, so far. No complaints yet.

Okay, time for another dose of DayQuil.

No comments: