Friday, December 28, 2007

2007: A Recap

We're nearing the end of 2007, and I decided to take a few minutes to reflect on the past year. I have to say, it was one of the best years I've had in a very long time. Allow me to recap the highlights for you:

~ Even though I was technically finished my grad school classes in December of '06, the graduation ceremony was held in February. So I started my year by graduating with my masters... and a 4.0. And I don't feel bad bragging about that, because I worked my ass off to get it.

~ Also in February, I threw myself a graduation party. I figured I earned it, especially considering I hadn't done anything special for my previous graduations. It was a kickass good time.

~ In April, I was in yet another wedding (number three!)... and despite the drama preceding the Big Day, I had a good time at the ceremony and SO much fun at the reception. And I LOVED my dress.

~ In May, I bought a new car. I'd wanted to buy a red SUV for ages, and I finally decided to do it. And I'm so glad I did. It's an awesome car.

~ In June, I got to visit my some friends in New York. While I was there, my best friend went into early labor... and her and her husband welcomed their son into the world two weeks early!

~ In July, I took the trip of a lifetime... three weeks in Australia! It was an amazing trip. It wasn't exactly a vacation, because I was there to chaperone a boychoir. But I had the BEST time getting to know the boys, hearing them perform, and seeing the sights Down Under.

~ Also over the summer, I threw three awesome parties. A Memorial Day party in May, a Wild West Bonanza in August, and a Kill the Booze party at the end of the summer. All good times, as always. (And yes, my parties always have names...)

~ In September, I started looking at apartments... and found one! So at the end of September, I finally moved out of my parents' house!

~ And not a moment too soon... because in October I turned 30. The big 3-0. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And I got to eat fondue!!!

~ In November, my roommate won a radio station contest... and got tickets to see Dane Cook! She took me and two other friends... we got to ride in a limo and meet some of the local radio personalities. And Dane was hysterical!

~ Then this month, my roommate and I threw our first party in the apartment. We packed the place with as many friends and family members as possible. Good stuff indeed.

All in all, it was a fantastic year. 2008 is gonna have to work awfully hard to top it. I'm ready. Bring it on, bitch.

No comments: