Thursday, December 18, 2008

The end is in sight!

Tonight was our annual Peace Vigil, so that's one more thing I can cross off of my to-do list :)

The Peace Vigil is a schoolwide prayer service that we hold the week before Christmas. All of the families are invited to the church to watch each class sing a song about peace or Christmas, and there is a peace prayer in between each song. It's a beautiful way to get in the holiday spirit. My kids did a SPECTACULAR job, and I'm not just saying that because I'm biased. They sang "Keep Christmas With You (All Through the Year)" from Christmas Eve on Sesame Street. If you've seen the movie, you know that Linda teaches the neighborhood kids the song in sign language to surprise Bob. (If you haven't seen the movie, shame on you! It's a classic!) In October, I started teaching my students a sign at the end of each day until we knew enough to put together a verse of the song. By the time this week rolled around, they were pros. Tonight they outdid themselves. They were better than they'd been in any of our practices. They sang loud and clear, they didn't miss a sign, and they looked adorable.

Earlier today, we finished decorating the gingerbread house (which is actually Snoopy's doghouse from A Charlie Brown Christmas). It doesn't look too bad.

Also, here's a pic of the finished potpourri jars. I'm really impressed with the way they turned out. I'll have to keep the idea in mind for the future... maybe Mother's Day gifts or something.

Well, tomorrow is Friday. FINALLY. I'm looking forward to the faculty Christmas party after work and then... the weekend!!!

No comments: