Sunday, January 04, 2009

Happy 2009!

Happy New Year!

Since I was on a break from work, I also took a break from blogging... with the exception of my last post about the car. Aside from that, there was nothing really worth blogging about. Christmas was peaceful and uneventful (just the way I like it!) and New Year's Eve was a relatively quiet night spent eating fondue, drinking beer and playing board games with a few good friends. In between, I spent my time catching up on all the things I haven't had a chance to do since the school year started: sleep (I think I took a nap every day, and it was fabulous!), visit friends, clean the apartment, watch bad daytime TV, and read. I enjoyed EVERY minute of it! And most importantly, I don't feel guilty for not thinking about work :-)

The car situation has finally been sorted out. My insurance company deemed my pretty red Toyota Rav 4 a total loss, which I was expecting. I used the insurance money to help get my new car, which is a 2008 Hyundai Elantra. It's also red, but only because they only had two '08s on the lot, and the red one was in my price range. I'm very happy with the car... I had an '03 Elantra before I bought the Toyota, so I know they're reliable and safe.

Well, the last few hours of my break are winding down. Tomorrow I'll be back at work, but without the kids. We have a faculty meeting and then we get some time to work in our classrooms. The kids start back on Tuesday. With any luck, I'll be able to get back on schedule by the end of the week. I think the bigger challenge is getting the kids back on schedule. They've had almost 2 weeks of later bedtimes, TV, video games, and sugary treats. Kinda hard to get back into routine after that.

I hope everyone else has a good week back!

No comments: