Thursday, September 16, 2004

Meet the parents

Tonight was Back-to-School Night, which means it's been a long day for me. I woke up at 5:30 AM, I was at school from 7:30 AM until about 7:50 PM, and I got home just before 8:30 PM. I guess I could've driven home after school and come back at night. But honestly, if I had gone home, I wouldn't have wanted to get back in my car. I was better off just staying there.

It was a successful night, though. Out of 25 parents, I had 21 at the meeting. And one is coming tomorrow to meet with me before school. It really does make a difference when the parents come to meet the teacher. I just hope I have this good a turn-out when it's time for report card conferences.

I am exhausted. My throat's been sore since I woke up, and teaching all day didn't help. Neither did giving two parent presentations. So right now I'm drinking tea and relaxing. And ignoring the fact that I have to be back at work in 10 hours.

On a happier note, I am blogging to you from ... (drumroll, please)... MY LAPTOP! Whoo-hoo! Best Buy called yesterday, and I finally got my power cord. And it only took 35 days.

No comments: