Thursday, December 30, 2004

stuff, cuz I'm bored

I'm supposed to be in NY now. I wasn't feeling so hot yesterday (sore throat and headache), so I stayed home. I figure, I'm gonna have to share the futon with someone, and I don't want to be coughing on them all night. And if I take cold medicine, I won't be able to drink, and I'll fall asleep well before midnight. I'd be a total party pooper. Bleh.

I spent my night watching reruns and writing thank you notes to the kids for their Christmas gifts. You wanna know what teachers get for the holidays? Here's this year's list: 4 pillar candles (1 with a metallic decal of the Virgin Mary on it), 1 candle holder, a box of Whitman's chocolates, 3 mugs (1 with a stuffed bear, 1 with candy, and 1 that was part of a hot cocoa gift set), a pair of hot pink slippers with turtles on them from Charlotte Russe, Bath & Body Works handsoap and lotion, a tin of peanut M&Ms, and a blue bear figurine (the girl who gave it to me thinks it's a Care Bear).

Some years are better than others for gifts. My first year I got a gorgeous Gap scarf. Last year I got a Victoria's Secret gift set of shower gel and lotion, an Applebee's gift card, and J-Lo's Glo perfume. Honestly, though, this year's class is amazing. There are no major behavior problems, every parent showed up for report card conferences... and when I asked for toys for the poor for our Christmas collection, they filled two boxes. I'd much rather have that than Dollar Store mugs and junk for my desk, you know?

I'm sitting here, trying to type, and my puppy is curled up next to me on the sofa, with her head on my laptop. She is, no doubt, eyeing up the snickerdoodle that I have on the table next to me, hoping for a bite or two (or four). It's cute and all, but she's getting drool on my keyboard. :-)

No comments: