Wednesday, November 17, 2004

More theft

This one really snuck up on me. The girl in question is a repeat offender - the same one who took the candy corn off of my desk last month. She's been doing so well the past few weeks, or so I thought. It turns out she's been getting away with stealing another girl's snack, both at recess and at lunch. I had no idea it was even going on until I got a note from the victim's mother this morning. She said A asks K if she can have her snack. K says no and then A takes it anyway. K is very quiet, painfully shy, and her mother's note said she was afraid to tell me. Ugh.

So I spent part of my morning moving desks to separate the girls. Then at lunch I had to change their lunch seats and talk to the lunchmother about what was going on. Tomorrow I have to talk to my principal, and then the parent-teacher liason. The last time A stole, her mother met with the parent-teacher liason and they agreed that A needed to make retribution to me for what she took. So she had to use money that should have gone toward her Halloween costume to buy me replacement candy corn. I don't know what they'll decide this time, but something needs to be done.

I just can't help feeling like an idiot for not noticing this before.

No comments: